The Birkbeck Institute for the Moving Image is currently seeking 1 part-time intern for a period of one year to assist with the work of the Institute for 3.5 hours/week during term time, which equates to 30 weeks. Some flexible working is required including some evenings and weekends, but all working patterns will be agreed in advance.
The interns will work both independently and alongside the Director and the Manager of the Institute and will develop invaluable generic skills which will contribute to future academic careers.
Job Role includes:
- Assisting with organising the Institute’s events, workshops and conferences.
- Taking the lead role in updating and maintaining our website and archive of events.
- Supporting current social networking and other electronic forms of dissemination to publicise events and the work of BIMI.
- Event logistics – ensuring events run smoothly on the day including meeting and greeting visiting speakers and guests, setting up seminar rooms, loading any PowerPoint or images required etc.
- Assisting with running the Institute’s blogs, including writing posts, conducting interviews and soliciting contributions from other event attendees and academics
Knowledge and experience required:
- Some experience of event organisation
- Familiarity with using social media as a promotional tool
- Some experience of writing and/or editing blogs
- A track record of being organised, punctual and having good time management
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Salary: Grade 5 of the College’s London Pay Scale which is £28,633 pro-rata per annum.
These roles are only open to current Birkbeck PhD candidates or Masters students.
How to apply:
Please send a brief CV and a letter of application to Matthew Barrington: firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am on Monday 13 October 2017. Interviews for the roles will take place shortly after.
Birkbeck is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all candidates irrespective of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. Birkbeck is a member of the ‘positive about disability’ two ticks scheme and guarantees to interview all candidates who meet the essential criteria for the post.
Director of Birkbeck Institute for the Moving Image and Essay Film Festival